Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How to Be A Manager

For almost 19 years I've been listening to my friends, clients and colleagues complain about their managers. The interesting thing is.... they also complain that they want to move up the ladder and BECOME A MANAGER.

The challenge is, they don't have any management experience and it was the old Catch 22. "How can I get any experience if I can't get a job as a manager?"

So what to do? Where there is a will there is a way, you just need to know how to sell yourself.

I've always been a 'self promoter' (hey I like nice things, nice things cost $$$, I needed to earn more to get the objects of my desire). So I figured out how to blow them away at interviews, sell, sell and sell my skills some more so it got to the stage where the 'powers that be' thought, "Gosh, this woman should be a manager, she has soooooooo much experience."

So basically I figured out a success strategy on how to become a manager, taught all my buddies, and guess what? They're managers too now, and they used my techniques over and over and over again and now they're all SENIOR managers.

To learn more about How to Be a Manager come and visit my site!

No comments: